An organization is made outstanding by the talented people it
attracts. The process to seek out these people, qualify their skills and
then determine if they are serious contenders can be time consuming, costly
and distracting. We provide the following services to bring talented individuals to our clients.
1. We consult with the hiring authorities to glean a thorough
understanding of the position. During this phase we not only address the
description of duties but also work up the ideal profile of the person best
suited for success.
2. Next we research and compile an appropriate list of people from our
existing database. The candidates we ultimately present to you will most
likely come as a result of referrals twice removed from our initial
3. After identifying the best fits we qualify the candidates based on
an extensive investigation of the candidate's work history as well as their
personality make-up and above all the candidates' true motivations for
wanting to make a change.
4. Our clients receive weekly updates until we're able to present only
the most qualified candidates for the particular position.
5. Next we present the candidates to the hiring authority detailing
why we believe a dialog is appropriate. Since resumes are never
sufficiently informative for us to make a judgment and since our candidates
are usually not on the job market, resumes will not be immediately
available. However, once an interview is scheduled (over the phone or in
person) a resume will be supplied before the meeting. Sometimes with
relatively happy employees the realization of an interview will prompt them
to write their resumes with a higher priority.
6. Once an appointment is set up we prepare the candidate with job
description details so both parties can make the most profitable use of the
interview time. In parallel with this step we prepare the hiring authority
with the candidate's career goals.
7. Before all interviews we counsel the candidate on the statistically
proven ills of accepting counteroffers.
8. Soon after the interview we debrief both parties to determine if
the process should be taken to the next step. The client's fresh
impressions of our candidates are as meaningful to us as how they judge
that person's qualifications.
9. After a successful first interview and before the second interview
we conduct reference checks and supply the client with names and numbers
as well as noteworthy comments.
10. Finally, we conclude the hire successfully by consulting with the
client before presenting and selling the offer to the candidate. There can
be nothing as frustrating as when the ideal candidate turns down an offer.
The personnel at PSS have a 97% success rate in getting offers accepted the
In addition to the above services, some clients encourage us to keep them
apprised of outstanding candidates even though a position may not be open.
If you would like to be added to this list please contact Michael Foy.
Michael Foy, President
Publishing Search Solutions
PO Box 246
N. Marshfield, MA 02059
Phone: (781) 837-7959
Fax: (781) 837-5485